Thursday, November 26, 2009

Joseph and the Almost Amazing Performance I Saw

Last night, for the first time, I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Arvada Center. I will tell you, on a scale of 1 to 10, I think I would give it an 8. Although not as great as Phantom of the Opera or Jesus Christ Superstar, it's for sure much better than Cats. It was definitely very flashy and energetic, and that's why I loved it. Also, the set was INCREDIBLE!!!!! (good job, Arvada!) But I found the fact that the very genuine and innocent Joseph, who was played by charmingly funny David B. Johnson, was very full of himself, was quite annoying. He was very arrogant even from the first note he sang to the very last. You would think he would've learned his lesson by the end, but NO!!!! Truthfully, the show was very well done, but I hate how Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals never have any dialogue. I mean, it gets somewhat old to hear song after song after song. But if you have seen Lloyd Webber's work before, you are already aware of this. And for those of you who have seen Jesus Christ Superstar before, you may catch a little something in the overture that may remind you of that musical. I encourage all of my readers to see this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog