Monday, December 28, 2009

Top Five Best Broadway Songs of This Decade

Yes, the decade is finally coming to its final "curtain call", as we Thespians may put it. But that doesn't mean that we can't look back to these past years and think of all the wonderful musicals that originated and became hits in those years. Here is yet another list of the best of the decade, this time, the best songs:

1. "Defying Gravity" from Wicked- This song deeply affected me when I saw it because there is just so much depth and power to Idina Menzel's voice that it's quite hard to remember that Glinda sings with her!

2. "Superboy and the Invisible Girl" from Next to Normal- This show definitely deserved that Tony! This song has so much meaning and purpose to it!

3. "Omigod You Guys" from Legally Blonde- You know what?!? I really could care less if people make fun of me for actually LOVING this song! I love when all of Elle's friends surround her and are singing, "Omigod, omigod you guys!" It makes me crack up!

4. "You Won't Succeed on Broadway" from Spamalot- I bet all my readers are rolling on the floor, laughing, at this point! But seriously, this song is SO funny...and some of it even very factual!
5. "I Can Hear the Bells" from Hairspray- This song is sooooo sweet! I LOVE how Tracy really thinks she can beat out Amber Von Tussle! It's a fantastic song that fantasizes (how wonderful!)

I think that's it for now! Hopefully, I can get a couple more lists out before the 31st! AAAAAUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog