Sunday, November 8, 2009

Top Ten Best Broadway Songs Ever

Let's face it: I'm a Broadway geek. And I'm probably the only teenage one in Colorado Springs. I mean, I listen to Sirius XM On Broadway like, every day, so I've heard songs from the greatest musicals of all time (or what people say are the best!) So here's my personal opinion on the best Broadway songs:

1. "Defying Gravity"- Okay, so what if I mentioned a song from Wicked? This song was the most powerful by far and most definitely affected me deeply!

2. "The Music of the Night"- Yes, I know! I'm very much into the popular musicals! But if you just listen to the tone of the Phantom, doesn't it just send tingles all down your back?

3. " 'Til There Was You"- I suppose I mostly love this song because I had to hear it almost every day for 3 months! But this is another song that gets me every time.

4. "I'm Not That Girl"- I'm sorry, I'm sorry! But really! This song is just so incredible and Idina's version is no exception.

5. "I Could've Danced All Night"- I guess I can really apply myself to this one, as I have been dancing ever since I was 3 years old. Plus, this song has a counterpart between Eliza and the maids, which is really cool!

6. "A Castle on a Cloud"- I have actually sung this one before, so that's probably part of it. But also, I just think it's so sad how young Cosette is imagining this fantasy world where everything is perfectly fine.

7. "I Still Believe"- I have to admit, when I saw Miss Saigon, this was the one song that gave me major goosebumps (always a good thing). And the duet between Kim and Ellen is just so powerful!

8. "Memory"- Even though I absolutely HATE Cats, I LOVED this song. I always used to think this was a very sappy song, but the more you listen to it, the more it grows on you.

9. "At the Ballet"- I love how this song describes the girl's childhood and what is was really like for her. the background story is just so touching!

10. "Luck Be a Lady"- Oh my gosh! When I saw the movie, I was super impressed by the amazing choreography. Not only that, but the words to this song are just so creative!

I really don't care if you don't agree with me. If you truly don't, then try writing your OWN blog!

4 comments:

  1. Good choices all around. I might replace "Castle on a Cloud" with Camelot's "If Ever I Would Leave You", but it's hard to argue against any of your songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...very true, very true! That song is a classic. However, that song would have to be in my top 20...maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey awesome blog! Could you check mine out? www.whitsnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a teenage theatre geek myself, I'm right up with you loving wicked and next to normal. but patti lu pone is a legend in my personal opintion and deserves to be recognized as such. Have you seen Biilly Elliot? i havent yet...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog