Sunday, December 13, 2009

Top Ten Best Broadway Musicals of This Decade

Can you BELIEVE it?!?!? This decade is coming to an end!!!!! That means all new fashions, all new electronics and all new...MUSICALS!!!!!!!!! So I thought that I should dwell on the past for once and figure the best of this decade, and instead of actual postings, for the next few weeks, I'm going to list the best for this decade in every Broadway category!

1. Wicked- STOP!!!!!!!!! Just because I'm a teenage girl does NOT mean that everything is about Wicked (well, ALMOST everything is!) But seriously, everyone was underestimating this show back in 2003, and look where it is now!

2. Hairspray- I really think that this musical is going to be a timeless classic. The flashy numbers, the touching music and the fun is all what makes musicals great!

3. Billy Elliot: The Musical- Even if I REALLY hate this show (never seen it, but whatever!), you gotta admit; everyone in NYC LOVES it! So yes, I will agree that it is a classic.

4. Legally Blonde: The Musical- I love pink and I've always wanted to be blonde. How could this not be a great show? After all, the movie starring the lovable Reese Witherspoon was definitely a hit and I think Laura Bell Bundy is just fantastic for Elle Woods.

5. Spamalot- My dad brought me up on two things: Broadway and Monty Python. So Naturally, I have grown to appreciate the humor of it all, and the combination of Broadway and Monty Python make this show fantabulous!

6. Avenue Q- Okay, I still have yet to see to this one, but from what I've heard, it's VERY fun and funny! Although, I do need to figure out HOW in the world this musical won the Tony over Wicked!

7. [title of show]- Yes, I know that this is not a household name, but if you listen to the music and you know what it is about, you will grow to love it! Plus, not all household titles are the best.

8. Next to Normal- Don't laugh! Even if it IS a serious musical, I do believe that this is a story that a lot of people can relate to, and that can make a fabulous musical if you know how to do it. The guys who created this show pulled it off, and, I think, are pure geniuses.

9. The Drowsy Chaperone- I will admit that I have no clue what this one is about. However, I do know that critics really liked it and anytime critics like it, the show totally deserves appraisal! Plus, anytime Sutton Foster, one of my idols, is in a show, even if it doesn't do well, everyone in the audience goes away after the show, loving her.

10. Curtains- I LOVE how this musical is called "curtains" for so many different reasons. The whole plot and the songs that I have heard from this musical make it sound very much enjoyable.

I bet pretty much NONE of you agree with the top few but hey, if you don't agree, GO WRITE YOUR OWN BLOG!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog