Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dishin' On the Robot

The Music Man has always been a timeless and classic musical...until Matthew Broderick was Harold Hill in the 2003 movie with (OMG!!!!!!!!) Kristin Chenoweth. I've heard that he was incredible in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, but guess what; that was over 20 years ago! His acting ability has certainly changed (and yes, based on the title, I think his acting is very robotic and stiff.) Now I can't really say that I'm an expert on this robot, but I have seen, (okay ONE of his works) him before and I know his acting capability. The very first minute of 2003' s The Music Man with Broderick, I instantly said, "UGH!!!!" and have hated him since. Why does he keep getting casted when directors should know how stiff he is?! I can understand where people may think that Matthew Broderick is charming, but personally, I think he sounds like he is reading his lines for the very first time. I can't even imagine why anyone would be a fan of his, let alone bear his performance for more than 5 minutes!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree! Where did he learn to act, the Robot's Academy of Theatre? Just kidding, but seriously, he sounds very non-human to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I've just never liked him because of his stiff voice and acting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think directors like him because he plays stiff, nervous guys well - like Leo Bloom in "The Producers". But how he got the part of the ambitious, self-assured J. Pierrepont Finch in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" or that master charmer Harold Hill in "The Music Man" is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I just don't think I can ever be brought to liking him as an actor. But I totally understand what you're saying!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog