Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Patti, Patti, Patti!

OK, so you have heard me put down Patti LuPone. Well, is there reason not to? I'm just glad she's 60 now and soon will be done with Broadway...unless she's the next Liza Minnelli, which would anger me deeply. The number one reason I hate LuPone is that every Broadway geek I talk to goes on and on about how wonderful she is. WHAT IS SO WONDERFUL ABOUT PATTI?!?! She has bad phrasing, she can't take on Ethel Merman's roles; sure she can sing loud, but honestly, she needs some phrasing lessons! I'm still wondering how she keeps getting cast, let alone get one part in a Broadway show. I seriously think Patti needs to retire from Broadway and sing for nursery homes.

2 comments:

  1. I have only heard Patti a few times (confession: I am NOT a Broadway geek) but I don't think she is very good either. Granted, I also can't stand Ethel Merman but that's another story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Patti's problem is that she can't sing as well as Ethel.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog