Monday, December 21, 2009

Top Five Best Broadway Actors of This Decade

One of the most important aspects of a great show is how well an actor performs. If they suck, then who even wants to see the show?!? Especially if it's on Broadway, because who in their right mind would want to go all the way to New York City to see a horrible show? Well, here's a list (for those of you who aren't aware, for the next few weeks, I'm going to blog about the top ten of every Broadway category) of who were, in my opinion, the best of the decade:

1. Kristin Chenoweth- Crazy, crazy me for putting her as number 1, right? WRONG-O! Seriously, her work in Wicked was incredible and she has been very successful since. So, why not rate her as the very top?

2. Nathan Lane- Okay, I don't know a single Broadway geek who hates this guy. I mean, he has to be in the top, duh! After his performance in The Producers back in 2001, I would consider him one of the greats on Broadway.

3. Sutton Foster- Even if she hasn't been in any successful shows, I have heard her mentioned as "one of the best in the business". She has this charm that totally lights up her face. I don't even care if Shrek the Musical bombed on Broadway; she can rock a stage!

4. Norbert Leo Butz- This guy has power! I mean, his voice just says to the audience, "Look out world: here I come!" Doesn't that tell you something about his personality? And yes, he is from Wicked.

5. Alice Ripley- So maybe I don't really like anything that's not hilarious (or even a wee bit funny), but hey, you gotta give this woman some credit! Her voice is so full of emotion, but she the power to back it up too. I still desperately want to see her perform in Next to Normal!

So there you have it, the best of the best! I would've done top ten, but it's more fun to do top five and see what my readers think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog