Friday, October 2, 2009

Priscilla Queen...Heading to Broadway?

Okay, so I thought the play Superior Donuts, which opened at the Music Box Theatre on Broadway yesterday, was bad enough. But what's coming on Broadway in March 2011 is even worse. Yes, it's a musical (I give them kudos for that!); but with a title like Priscilla Queen of the Desert, I doubt this musical is going to be any good. Although it may sound quite enjoyable, (ahem, I beg your pardon?) the music and lyrics are written by total no-names, which for me is a bad sign! Based on the (supposedly) Oscar-winning film, the Broadway cast will include Jason Donovan, Tony Sheldon, Oliver Thornton and many others (ones I haven't heard of.) I'm sorry to say, but because it's a bad musical overall, it will be thrown into the "Broadway trash can" for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog