Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dumpin' Donuts

I LOVE checking out the IBDB website every now and then to see if they have any new musicals debuting or returning to Broadway. Recently, I was looking at IBDB's homepage to look for new Broadway shows (September is the best time of year for Broadway!) and found a brand new play called Superior Donuts, (which is again NOT a musical) opening October 1. As soon as I saw it, my mouth dropped open. Supposedly, this play is about a small donut shop in Chicago's Uptown neighborhood. I mean, who would even want to see such a ridiculous play about a breakfast treat? (The kids at my church would especially enjoy this play) I doubt it's going to succeed on Broadway!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, that play was written by Tracy Letts, the genius behind the Pulitzer Prize winning play, "August: Osage County". Trust me, it'll be about a lot more than doughnuts. After all, "Carousel" isn't just about a merry-go-round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess that much is true...but any play with the title of a food item is sure to be mess!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog