Saturday, October 10, 2009

Defying Musical Gravity


Finally, after waiting SO long (since I'm a teen, I can get pretty impatient), I saw Wicked last night at Buell Theatre in Denver! I'll tell you what, I was BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER after I saw it. Every time I have heard "Defying Gravity", I got goosebumps right at the end of it, but last night, I got them at the very beginning of the song. Come intermission, I turned to my dad and we were both in total shock by everything we had just seen. All I could really say was, 'Wow!'; that's exactly how blown away I was. Although, I'm wondering even more now why Stephen Schwartz isn't as big as Stephen Sondheim (hopefully that will change!) Still, I can't believe I ever missed out on this amazing musical. One question, though, that keeps going through my mind is, 'Why did it have to end?'

1 comment:

  1. I loved it too: the intelligent lyrics, the catchy melodies, the clever reinterpretation of the story from Elphaba's point of view and, most of all, the phenomenally talented cast. This is truly a musical for all ages.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog