Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Updates From Broadway

I am told that at the 2009 Tony Awards coming to you this Sunday, Wall-E, a popular animated character (by the way, Wall-E is one of my favorite movies of all time!) will be participating in a telecast tribute to composer Jerry Herman. The rumor is that Wall-E will be introducing the "Hello, Dolly!" part of the tribute. The tribute for Herman will be followed by a special lifetime achievement award. Now if you ask me, I think this is a rather experimental idea as I have never heard of an animated character be a part of the Tony's, let alone a life tribute. But I think that it's worth a shot and like I said, Wall-E is an amazing movie, so I think the fact that this sweet little robot will be part of the Tony's might actually attract viewers other than the usual New Yorkers and Broadway fans.

1 comment:

Search This Blog