Friday, June 19, 2009

Actress with ENERGY!

So as my job as an actress (not quite professional), I audition any chance I get. And, this may seem a little bit odd for readers who know me well, I auditioned for a dramatic play (not a comedy or even a musical. That's already a huge problem!) called "Our Town". Some of you may be familiar with this piece; which is about Emily who grows up with a guy named George and at the end, Emily dies; but when I auditioned for it, I knew almost nothing about the play at all. Well, I get into my audition at the Dusty Loo Bon Vivant and the director tells me to sit down for my audition piece. Now for this audition we did a cold reading and in this particular case, I was reading for Rebecca, George's little sister. So I sat down and did the reading with a lot of energy because I researched this character and it said she's very energetic so that's how I did it. When I got done, the director simply said, "Nice. Good energy." To tell you the truth, I wasn't full expecting that answer. I mean sure, I'm thankful for that compliment but that's it? That's all they could say? We'll just have to wait and see...

2 comments:

  1. That's show biz. You never know what a director's looking for. Even if you don't get the part, every audition's a learning experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so you have auditioned for a REAL theatre company before that's actually PROFESSIONAL?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog