Monday, July 5, 2010

Independency

Happy Fourth (now fifth) of July! I'm sure everyone enjoyed attending or holding annual barbecues and parties and watching fireworks. In Colorado, we couldn't really do much because it was raining like crazy, so we instead stayed home. But, as a yearly tradition, my dad, sister and I watched the movie, 1776, which has always been one of my very favorite musicals. I know, it's not quite the same as seeing a live musical, but in our situation, you would have done the same. Really, though, when I was younger, I never really appreciated 1776, but now that I'm more mature and a Broadway geek, I've grown to love it! I mean, the cast is amazing (I'm even shocked by how well the character Benjamin Franklin could sing!) Overall, I really do love all the music and for those of you who don't know, the musical staging was originally done on Broadway and in the movie by the very famous choreographer Onna White. I must say, White is a very creative choreographer. I really encourage readers to see this movie, even if it's July 5!

1 comment:

  1. I actually like the movie too! One of my favorite musicals for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog