Friday, June 25, 2010

A Monster Musical

Okay, I feel soooo bad because I keep forgetting to post about this but last Wednesday, I saw Young Frankenstein at Buell Theatre in Denver and it was REALLY AMAZING!!!!!!! Roger Bart played the role he originated and I absolutely LOVED HIM!!!!!!! The whole cast was stellar overall, and I now dub this show one of my top 5 favorites of all time. I still don't understand why it stunk on Broadway (just one of those random Broadway mysteries, I guess), because personally, I really loved this show. The choreography, which was by Susan Stroman, also known for her work in Crazy for You, was fantastic. I also really loved the lyrics to every song. In fact, my very favorite song from Young Frankenstein would have to be "Puttin' on the Ritz". I mean, the tap dancing in this song was phenomenal, and the energy really stood out. Although, I'm really jealous of a couple of my theatre buddies who actually met Roger Bart and even got a hug from him! I don't think I can forgive them for meeting him without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog