Thursday, July 22, 2010

What an Enchanted Evening

This past Tuesday night, I was treated to the national tour of South Pacific at Buell Theatre in Denver. And boy, did I see a lot of leis and floral dresses! Yes, it seemed that almost everyone in the house (except for my dad an I) were decked out as if they were in the show themselves. But aside from the costumed audience, I actually enjoyed the show. I was though somewhat annoyed by the way that Carmen Cusack (Ensign Nellie Forbush) talked and sang because it reminded me too much of Reba McEntire (which is NOT a good thing!) I have, however, always been a huge fan of Rodger's and Hammerstein's beautiful songs from every show they have created. My absolute favorite from this particular musical has to be "I'm Gonna Wash That man Right Outta My Hair;" it's just such a fun song to perform and watch. I would have to say that I really liked Keala Settle (Bloody Mary). She was hilarious and I couldn't help loving her! Overall, this production of South Pacific was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog