Thursday, March 11, 2010

Phantom of the Opera May Die...

As some of you may know, Andrew Lloyd Webber's sequel of the classic Phantom of the Opera, titled Phantom of the Opera: Love Never Dies, made its London debut this past Tuesday at the Adelphi Theatre. That's crazy, because I was sure that the sequel wasn't coming out until sometime in 2011, but now? You know, I also feel fairly impartial to the plot. I mean, really? A carnival? I REALLY liked the Phantom when he was in the catacombs, when he seemed more mysterious. Not out in the real world, at a carnival freak show, of all places? Anyways, if you were listening to Sirius XM On Broadway on Tuesday night, you probably heard the cast album, which I unfortunately didn't get the chance to listen to that night. But my dad heard it, and told me that it was too Vaudeville-like for this classic love story. Really Andrew? I'm actually shocked at what he did, based on what my dad told me. Another that makes me mad about this show is that as soon as others heard the news about the sequel coming out, people stopped going to see the first Phantom on Broadway. Why? Just because it may be better, it doesn't mean that people should totally ditch the original. So, please readers, tell every Broadway geek you know (um, which probably isn't very many but...) to keep Phantom of the Opera alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog